A great candle experience begins with proper candle care and maintenance. Here are some important burning tips for enjoying your TIKOcraftco candles and Crystal Intention Candles:
1. **Trim the Wick:** Before lighting, ensure the wick is trimmed to about 1/4 inch. This helps prevent the flame from becoming too large and consequently, the candle from burning too quickly.
2. **Burn Safely:** Always place your candle on a heat-resistant surface. Burn within sight and keep away from flammable items, drafts, pets, and children.
3. **First Burn:** The first time you light your candle, allow it to burn until the wax melts across the entire surface. This can take up to 3-4 hours and helps prevent tunneling, thereby ensuring an even burn for the duration of the candle's life.
4. **Avoid Prolonged Burning:** Do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time. This helps prolong the life of the candle and prevents overheating.
5. **Care for the Crystal:** After the candle has been completely used, retrieve your crystal carefully (it may be hot). Clean it with warm soapy water. You can then keep the crystal as a keepsake or use it for meditation.
Remember, your crystal infused candle is more than an ordinary candle. It's a conduit for positive energy, balance, and transformation. Treat it with care and it will serve you well.
If you are experiencing excess soot from your candle:
• Make sure to trim your wicks to 1/4'' before each lighting your of candle
• If you are still experiencing excess sooting, please trim your wick to 1/8’’
• Move candle away from any vents, fans, or air drafts
• Make sure you are not burning your candle longer than the recommended time of 3-4 hours.
Tunneling is more apparent in the initial burn of the candle. Please burn your candle 2-3 times and make sure each burn time is in increments of 3-4 hours to allow wax to pool around the edges of the candle.
If tunneling is still apparent, proceed to burn in 3-4 increments until candle self-corrects.
Wick issues or self-extinguishing flame:
If flame is self-extinguishing, please wait until wick is cool then loosen the wick fibers by twisting the wick with your fingers and relight.
Blow out the candle and ensure the wicks are completely extinguished. Use a paper towel to absorb some of the wax near the wicks of the candle. Safely dispose of the paper towel and ensure no debris is left in the wax. Relight your candle and note if the candle begins burning properly.
Please contact us if you have tried these suggestions and your candle will still not remain lit.
If your candle is not releasing a strong fragrance:
Make sure to burn your candle for 3-4 hours each time you light the candle. This will allow the wax and wick to heat properly and emit fragrance. Move your candle to another location to avoid drafts from vents or fans.
Please note: single wick candles are meant to be used in smaller rooms to enhance fragrance performance. Double or triple wick candles work best in larger rooms.